Fourth year: we change boat and we depart (far)!
- Februrary the 15th, 2023: rental of a 7m³ storage box to empty Øya from our personal belongings
Third year: the adventure as a duo
- November the 29th, 2022: Publication of the sale post of Øya.
- October the 30th, 2022: Arrival in Lagos, Portugal
- October the 29th, 2022: Launch from Cadiz toward Lagos, where we will spend the winter and (hopefully) sell Øya
- October the 16th, 2022: Arrivale in Cadiz, where Raquel will join me 5 days later
- October the 11th, 2022: A member of my family join me to convey Øya to Cadiz, and finally exit the Mediterranean sea
- October the 8th, 2022: Launch form Valencia toward Cartagena as singlehanded
- July the 29th, 2022: End of the season for us, we leave Øya at Valencia Mar to spend time with family and to build the plans for the rest of the year
- April the 27th, 2022: Departure from Palma de Mallorca to spend the season at the anchorage in the balearics
- April the 11th, 2022: Raquels moves in onboard Øya, launched scheduled for the 27th of April.
Second year: proper travels!
- The video of the fall
- November the 14th, 2021: Construction of a new well for Øya that marks the beginning of a long series of works.
- October the 16th, 2021: After a short visit to Cabrera, I make a “pit stop” for supplies at the port of Palma, where I will change my own program to spend the winter there.
- October the 10th, 2021: Pauline changed her mind and left the boat in Menorca, I sail singlehanded toward Mallorca
- October the 3rd, 2021: Crossing from Corsica to Menorca with Pauline as crewmember, we aim for the Canaries
- September 23rd, 2021: Crossing to Corsica with my cousin Arnaud
- August the 26th, 2021: Arrival to Martigues’ yard to clean the hull and change the vindvane. Here is the video
- August the 1st, 2021: Crash against Menorca’s rocks at the anchorage during a storm. The vindvane got destroyed.
- June the 7th, 2021: Launched my Youtube channel.
- June the 1st, 2021: Departure from Portimão to the Balearic Islands.
First year: proof of concept
- January the 17th, 2021: Signature of the first proper contract with a customer as freelancer. This millestone mark the end of this professional launching. The vilain project is now fully developed.
- December the 9th, 2020: Mooring at Portimão’s marina after some adventures at the anchorage.
- October the 11th, 2020: Arrival in Algarve, Portugal.
- August the 28th, 2020: Departure from Saint-Jean-De-Luz to Algarve, Portugal.
- July the 18th, 2020: Arrival at Capbreton for a week.
- July the 5th, 2020: Departure for good!
- June 24th, 2020: Back on land with few things to fix.
- June 2nd, 2020: End of the coronacrisis, departure from the Kernével habour for a month of test.
- March 17th, 2020: Beginning of the confinement due to Coronavirus covid-19, at Kernével harbor. A lot of work in the boat happened, in the keel and the electrical panel.
- March 4th, 2020: Started a new job to fill the boardcash up
- February 21st, 2020: First sailing with Øya
- January 27th, 2020: Launching of Øya
- January 6th, 2020: starting the maintenance work in order to put Øya back in service.
- December 14th, 2019: moving into Øya, and performing the general inspection of the boat.
- November 14th, 2019: reception of the last administrative papers marking the end of the purchase transaction.
- October 11th, 2019: visit of a “Goëland”, an Elie Poinsot plan built at the L. Landry shipyard – visit to Hennebont (56) accompanied by a maritime expert. Big crush, and decision to purchase. Read the article about it.
- October 10th, 2019: Opening this blog, read the first article
- August 28th, 2019: start the renovation of the workshop of the family home due to lack of activity and with a view to training in welding and handling stratified materials
- August 16th, 2019: First expertise before purchase of a Vulcain V. The purchase does not take place
- August 2nd, 2019: validation of the latest additional skills units, validation of the CQP initiator veil
- June 1, 2019: End of instructor training
- February 16th, 2019: Instructor training begins
- February 8th, 2019: last day of work, flight back to France
The growing idea
- September 2018: I resign
- July 2018: Registration for the continuing training of the Glénans school to become sail instructor
- June 2nd, 2018: Norwegian boat licence
- May 6th, 2018: acquisition and move into my first sailboat, at the harbour of Killingen, Oslo
- April 6th, 2018: intensive level 3 internship at les Glénans, Concarneau base
- March 3rd, 2018: Level 2 training course on board at les Glénans, Vannes base
- October 24th, 2017: Level 1 internship at the Coz Castel des Glénans site in Paimpol
- February 26th, 2016: move to Oslo, Norway.